While you can’t go wine tasting in California right now due to Governor Gavin Newsom’s statewide stay-at-home directive to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), many of the Golden State’s top wineries are offering stellar shelter-in-place deals to bring their amazing wines right to your doorstep. Along with discounting wine, vintners are slashing shipping prices—in some cases down to a penny—so there’s never been a better time to stay home and stock up.
However you prefer to imbibe, here are 16 don’t-miss deals on California’s wines you’ll want to hunker down with.
1. Temecula’s Baily Vineyard & Winery, a pioneering local producer of Cabernet Sauvignon and other traditional Bordeaux varietals, is knocking 20 percent off bottle purchases and 33 percent off by the case. Buy four or more bottles and shipping is free in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Call 951-676-9463 to order.
2. Save on shipping with Lodi’s Bokisch Vineyards, a celebrated producer of excellent Garnacha, Albarino, Graciano, and other Spanish varietal wines. Buy six or more bottles for shipping within California or 12 or more for out-of-state delivery and shipping is just a penny.
3. Use the code SHIPNOW to score free shipping on any quantity of Copain Wines Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. Elegant and understated, the wines are made from cool-climate vineyards in Mendocino County’s Anderson Valley and the chilly, windswept Sonoma Coast.
4. Bordeaux varietal specialist Cliff Lede Vineyards is slashing a whopping 35 percent off select wines, including its 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 FEL Anderson Valley Chardonnay, 2017 Napa Valley Claret, and 2016 Stags Leap Soul Fire Cabernet Sauvignon.
5. Dry Creek Vineyard is taking 20 percent off all wine purchases and charging just $5 for standard shipping, so go ahead and fill your online cart with zippy Sauvignon Blanc wines, including the ever-popular Fumé Blanc and single-vineyard DCV3, along with rich Dry Creek Valley Zinfandels.
6. Paso Robles darling Epoch Estate Wines has racked up 90+ scores from more prominent wine critics than we can list. Order any quantity of Epoch’s all-estate wines—including expertly crafted Rhone-style wines, plus Zinfandel and Tempranillo—and you’ll get free shipping. Pro tip: Try the Authenticity Syrah blend and Sensibility Grenache.
7. Foley Family Wines, known for its single-vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noirs and racy rosé, is taking 15 percent off all wine orders and offering $10 ground shipping on all purchases through the end of March. The deal also applies Foley’s sister wineries, including Chalk Hill Estate, Firestone Vineyard, and more.
8. Primarily known for its classic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, Judd’s Hill is taking 20 percent off all online wine purchases and cutting shipping costs to just 10 bucks for six-bottle orders (code: SHIP6) or $1 for 12-bottle orders (code: SHIP12). The winery will also donate 10 percent of all sales of its “Be Kind” Petite Sirah-Zinfandel blend to the Be Kind non-profit founded by the owners’ young daughters.
9. Santa Barbara’s Melville Winery is charging just $1 for shipping on orders of six or more bottles of the winery’s delicious estate Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Chardonnay (shipping within the continental U.S.) Order online, call 805-735-7030, or email email@example.com.
10. Newsome Harlow, producer of some of the Sierra Foothills’ best wines—including fabulous Sauvignon Blanc and spicy Syrah—is lowering FedEx shipping costs for all orders, and for purchases of six or more bottles, shipping is included. Order online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Discover beautifully balanced Pascale Pinot Noir by Pescadero Creek Vineyard in the Santa Cruz Mountains with free ground shipping on six bottles or more. The winery only makes one wine per vintage and less than 60 cases total, so get it while it lasts.
12. Sanglier Cellars is offering one-cent shipping on two different collections of its small-lot, sustainably farmed Sonoma County wines. Both the “Stay at Home with Tusque Wines 6-Pack Special” and the full-case version feature acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and more.
13. Stock up on cool-climate Pinot Noir from Siduri Wines, producer of some of California’s most coveted single-vineyard Pinot Noirs from vineyards ranging from the Russian River Valley down to Santa Barbara. Using promo code AVA20, you’ll save 15 percent on all of Siduri’s AVA and single-vineyard selections, and score free shipping.
14. Take a virtual trip to the Anderson Valley with Toulouse Vineyards & Winery. While supplies last, receive 20 percent discounts on purchases of six or more bottles of its 2016 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, 2016 Estate Pinot Noir, 2016 Kenmar Zinfandel, and 2018 Pinot Gris. (You can even mix and match.) Email ToulouseVineyards@yahoo.com or call 707-895-2828 to get yours.
15. Save 10 percent and pay just $1 for shipping when you buy three or more bottles from Sonoma’s acclaimed Westwood Estate. Choose from expressive estate-grown Pinot Noirs from the winery’s biodynamically farmed vineyard, or pick up a bottle of seriously delicious rosé for summer sipping.
16. Central Coast micro-winery Workman Ayer is offering a generous 20 percent off all purchases—including its Rhone-inspired De Facto Syrah-Grenache blend and Ipso Facto Viognier—and sweetening the deal with $10 ground shipping.